PITOPS™ is the leading PID tuning and control loop optimisation software
With PITOPS you can improve industrial production process control and machine control by reducing oscillations, improving disturbance rejection, reducing control error and improving response times. PITOPS is the leading PID control loop tuning software and also supports a number of Advanced Process Control (APC) techniques.
Who uses PITOPS PID software?
PITOPS is used globally by a wide variety of industries and universities to identify process dynamics and to simulate and tune control loops.
- Global clients including Shell (oil), Smurfit Kappa (paper), Praxair (gasses), AES (energy), Elf Atochem (chemical), Daewoo (shipbuilding), etc., as well as small and medium sized companies and universities and university colleges
- Easy to use and learn. Works entirely in the time domain. No need to understand Laplace transform.
- Works with any DCS or PLC or SCADA system. Data exchange through OPC or Excel™.
- Increase production rate, efficiencies, and effectiveness
- Reduce raw material and energy usage
- Reduce manual operation
- Increase product quality
- Safe to use by running on a windows PC without automatically affecting existing controllers or control loop settings
- High return on investment, with earn-back periods typically less than one year!
What our clients say:
"Our engineers have been using PITOPS for almost a decade. Many of them say and feel “We cannot live without PITOPS”. We have just renewed license for the latest version of PITOPS."
Manager at Sunoco Oil
"We researched various control tools and started using PITOPS. We believe PITOPS is the easiest and fastest tool for controller calculations and tuning."
Engineer at BP Lavera, France
"PITOPS is ten times faster and probably twenty times easier than what we had before. We are using this tool for various semester-based courses and the students love it. It has helped us to far more easily explain process control concepts better than ever before. And best of all, this tool is used also in industry – not just colleges."
Control Professors at
HCCS College, Houston, USA
Powerful characteristics that set it apart from other PID controller tuning tools on the market
- Simultaneous, multivariate system identification.
- Equipped with a powerful yet easy to use software interface. PITOPS makes PID loop tuning and Advanced Control easy.
- Transfer function identification using closed-loop data, open-loop data or a mixture of both
- Identifies Control Valve Stiction or Deadband and optimises PID controller parameters to deal with them if they can't be remedied.
- Optimal PID loop parameters cannot only be determined based on heuristic methods (like Ziegler-Nichols,...) but also and more importantly based on specific control objectives like Integral of Absolute Error (IAE), Low Overshoot,...
- Incorporates simulation and optimization of Cascade Loops and of Advanced Process Control (APC) techniques including Internal Model Control (IMC) and Dead Time Compensated Control (DTC).
- Incorporates Feedforward Control simulation and finds its optimal parameters when combined with feedback control and APC.
- The PID software takes into account non-linear process behaviour and analyser PV sample delays.
- The PID simulator can simulate and optimize gap action control.
PID control and APC tuning software that mimics reality with PID control loop simulation
The figure below shows a simulation comprising of superimposed disturbances like those seen in the real process. After configuring the disturbances, PITOPS optimises the tuning parameters based on the custom simulation. It takes into account the control needs of the loop, which include the following:
- Typical setpoint changes
- Typical disturbances
- Output rate of change consideration
- Any other custom needs specific to the PID loop
- Optimize PID tuning to handle control valve stiction or deadband
Not sure whether PITOPS™ can help improve your organization?
Ask us for a private online demonstration or download the free presentation.
Phone: +32 53 39 77 10
Phone: +32 53 39 77 10